Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Shoe York, Part 2

Continuing my story on my shoesploration in New York, after finding P Luca Milano I found my heaven.  I about had a heart attack, it's going to sound silly but I have never been into one of his stores until this moment.  I about got myself run over because I got so excited I wasn't going to wait for the cross walk.  It was Steve Madden and all his glorious babies my feet love to be in. 

As soon as I walked in the store I was overwhelmed with joy like I had finally found my home.  I looked like someone that was seeing the statue of liberty for the first time.  I was hit with a rush of adrenalin and didn't even know where to start so I just stood there quietly letting my eyes take in all the amazing shoes and heels sitting before me on the shelves screaming my name. 

Years ago before I was an avid shoe lover, I had a pair of shoes bought for me.  I opened the box and I can still feel the rush I had when I laid eyes on my first pair of heels.  They were Steve Madden and from that point on I became connected with shoes thus becoming the shoe lover and obsessive I am today.  Being able to see that Steve Madden shop in New York on my first trip and randomly stumbling upon it, was like fate telling me I was supposed to be there at that moment.  Walking in brought me back to the day I opened my first pair of heels that were also my first pair of Steve Madden.  I will never forget it.

I had an amazing trip that was guided by no one but me which is an experience I will always treasure.  Finding my own way through the hustle and bustle of the city and not really knowing where I was going.  Not being afraid to do it alone and taking on the streets of New York solo led me to many memories I never would have made otherwise.  I found another little piece of Sarah on that trip and found more than the inspiration I was looking for.  I love you New York and I will forever love Steve Madden!! 

 
 
                                                   
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment